With still much of 2022 ahead of us, you may still be thinking about where you would like the new year to take you. If you’re looking to begin a new career, check out these in-demand careers, organized by field, and how Ashworth College can help you get started.
Healthcare is a constantly growing and evolving field. With Covid-19 still impacting the country and the world, the need for skilled healthcare workers is expected to continue growing. Ashworth College offers a variety of programs at many levels, from career diplomas and certificates to associate and bachelor’s degrees.
- Pharmacy technician. If you’re a person who likes interacting regularly with others, a career as a pharmacy technician might be right for you. Pharmacy technicians work within retail and hospital pharmacies assisting the pharmacists with customer education, vaccinations, and clerical duties. Job growth for pharmacy technicians is expected to increase by 7% thanks to increased efforts for vaccinations.
- Home health aides. Another hands-on, patient-facing position, home health aides help patients with daily household tasks, check their vitals, and ensure their all-around well-being. Because of their multi-purpose role and an aging population, this field is projected to have more openings in the next decade than any other profession.
- Medical billing and coding associate. If you prefer a more behind-the-scenes role, medical billers and coders work with physicians and hospitals to process patients’ billing and make sure insurance companies are properly charged. The position offers flexibility in a working environment, with jobs in doctor’s offices, insurance companies, and even some remote, work-from-home options.
If you’re less of a people person and prefer working with animals, the veterinary field is growing at a faster than average rate of 15%. Ashworth College offers two tracks to pursue in veterinary medicine.
- Veterinary assistant. Veterinary assistants serve as the backbone of veterinary offices. Some duties include admitting patients, maintaining sanitation, as well as feeding and exercising animals.
- Veterinary technician. Veterinary technicians assist veterinarians with basic treatments and medical tasks. Some of these duties include drawing blood, preparing animals for surgery, taking x-rays, gathering medical history, and administering first aid.
If you are everyone’s go-to person when it comes to technology, you can put these skills to good use with a career in the computer information field. Because almost every business relies on some form of computer support, it’s no wonder experts predict the field will grow by 13%> by 2030. With Ashworth College, you can test the waters or expand on already existing knowledge with an associate degree in Computer Information Systems. Check out some computer career options here.
Childcare and Education
Childcare providers have always played an important role in society, especially in recent years. Now, with more people returning back to offices and even working from home, the need for qualified caregivers isn’t going anywhere. If you enjoy working with children and possess a nurturing spirit, there are two options available for you to hone your skills and turn your passion into a rewarding career.
- Childcare provider. A Childcare Provider Career Diploma can help you develop the skills needed to create a safe, developmentally-appropriate environment for children from birth to school age. You can take your studies a step further with a Child Development Association Credential Preparation course. In this career diploma program, you’ll be on the path towards learning the fundamental skills needed to pass the CDA Credential exam. Adding this credential to your resume can help you stand out in a competitive field.
- Early Childhood Education. If you’d like to work with young children but also partake in their academic well-being, the Early Childhood Education Undergraduate Certificate program can help you learn to develop age-appropriate curriculum in addition to health, safety, and nutrition. As a bonus, this course can be applied towards the hours needed to earn your CDA Credential.
Start and Finish the New Year with Ashworth
If you’re ready to take the next steps towards a fulfilling career in an in-demand field, Ashworth College is ready to help. All programs are self-paced and affordable, so you can learn on your own time without breaking the bank. Call an Admissions Advisor at or enroll online today.