HVAC Certification Prep and Exam Package
Ashworth College's HVAC Training online can help you become knowledgeable of the mechanical and electrical processes of most common types of HVAC/R equipment. In addition to teaching you about heating and air conditioning components, diagnostics, installation, and repair, this online HVAC training program can help you obtain EPA Section 608 Certification, available through Ashworth's partner, the ESCO Institute.
The goals and values of Ashworth College; time management; creating a realistic weekly and monthly study schedule; the nature and purpose of assessments; how to study effectively to prepare for and take an online examination; developing the skill sets necessary for success in the twenty-first century.
Summary of HVACR technology and employment in HVACR environments; professional organizations, certifications and professional work practices; safe work practices.
Review of common hand and power tools as applied to HVAC/R installation and servicing and an introduction to tools used exclusively by HVAC/R technicians, including electrical testing and HVAC/R servicing meters and gauges.
Overview of the standard components and assemblies that are used in the refrigeration process; identification of different types of refrigerants and the basic elements of the refrigeration cycle.
Covers the safe and environmentally correct practices of handling refrigerants, and the correct techniques and procedures for soldering, brazing, and installing piping and tubing. Students will also learn about system charging, evacuation and leak testing.
Covers safe work practices related to electricity, basic concepts of electricity and AC current theory, identification and application of common components found in HVAC/R systems, interpretation of diagrams and schematics and descriptions of modern control and communication systems.
Required concepts of air-conditioning theory including airflow and filtering principles, ventilation and dehumidification; installation practices for common residential AC systems and ductwork; troubleshooting and maintenance practices.
Safety considerations for working with combustible materials; overview of basic furnace design and principles, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance for both gas and oil-fired systems.
Overview of electric heating systems including installation, troubleshooting and maintenance; detailed coverage of heat pump designs including air-source and geothermal units; troubleshooting concepts for heat pump systems.
Explanation of basic construction elements and configurations; integration of green building principles in modern construction; overview of air quality and load calculations; duct design, zone control and system testing and correction.
Applications of HVAC concepts to commercial applications including coverage of rooftop units, chilled water systems and hydronic and boiler-based heating systems; students also learn about cooling towers and commercial control systems.
Detailed discussion of systems used for commercial food preservation and storage, complex installations for supermarkets, and large commercial ice machines. Includes troubleshooting practices for common commercial refrigeration installations.
Generally accepted practices for the proper installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of complex HVAC/R systems with detailed coverage of refrigeration system cleanup related to component failure.
Why Ashworth College career school for your HVAC Training?
- Ashworth at home HVAC technician training is one of the most affordable heating and air conditioning training programs available.
- Your HVAC program curriculum consists of comprehensive lessons that cover essential HVAC/R theory, typical HVAC systems and components used in residential and commercial buildings, and standard procedures for installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining HVAC/R installations and commercial refrigeration.
- Your courses include a 12-page EPA Section 608 certification study guide issued by the ESCO Institute.
- Your heating and air conditioning program offers graduates a $75 voucher toward the proctored EPA Section 608 Certification exam*, delivered by the ESCO Institute.
- Your online HVAC training includes numerous virtual field trips, important tips and suggested activities designed to enhance your learning experience.
Ashworth career school partners with ESCO Institute to provide you with a valuable opportunity for professional HVAC certification.
Why choose ESCO Institute for your HVAC Certification?
- ESCO Institute, a member of the ESCO Group, is the industry's largest provider of EPA Section 608 heating and air conditioning certification testing.
- The ESCO preparatory manual is clear and concise, containing all of the information on the Universal exam.
- The ESCO Institute's preparatory manual has helped achieve an industry-leading pass rate on the exam. Source ESCO.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.
Our HVAC Online Course
As part of Ashworth College's Heating and Air Conditioning program, you'll learn about common tools and equipment used by HVAC/R technicians, refrigeration, HVAC/R electrical, and residential air conditioning and heating systems, HVAC/R system design, sizing and layout, and generally accepted installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting methods.
Employers are looking for HVAC/R technicians who:
- Have completed formal HVAC training
- Are familiar with multiple types of HVAC installations
- Can communicate effectively with clients
- Are detail oriented, patient, and cautious on every job
- Have EPA Section 608 certification
Ashworth College Student Reviews
"You can achieve your goals here at Ashworth College. It doesn’t set you up to fail. You can go at your own pace every step of the way."
– Carolyn McDale, Student
"Dreams really do come true! Thanks for helping me reach them Ashworth!"
– Samantha Currier, Student
"I love Ashworth College because I don't have to take student loans to pay my school fees. It is affordable and you can study at your own time."
– Michell Oberly, Student
"Thank you Ashworth for making it possible to go to school while having a family and a job! "
– Anna Bak, Student
Your HVAC Course Includes:
- Comprehensive HVAC textbook and study guides
- A 12-page EPA Section 608 study guide issued by the ESCO Institute ($12.95 value)
- After you graduate: A $75 voucher covering all or some of the cost of writing the core section as well as sections 1, 2, and 3 of the proctored EPA Section 608 Certification exam*, delivered by the ESCO Institute
Which certifications can be obtained after completion of the Heating and Air Conditioning career diploma program?
Students are eligible for EPA certification, which is a requirement for all persons handling refrigerants. After graduation from the program, you'll receive a $75 voucher toward the proctored EPA Section 608 Certification exam*, delivered by the ESCO Institute. You'll also receive a 12-page EPA Section 608 study guide issued by the ESCO Institute that covers all information included on the examination.
Do I need previous experience in HVAC/R to enroll in Ashworth College's HVAC Training program?
No, you don't need previous experience to enroll in the Heating and Air Conditioning program. This class is designed to teach you the professional skills of heating and air conditioning, while preparing you to take the EPA Section 608 Certification exam.
Is HVAC course all online or do I get books?
The program textbook is shipped to the student. Learning guides are available online and as printed booklets.
Complete our HVAC training online and at your pace. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online.
*HVAC Certification Exam Requirements: Certification exam prerequisites vary. Please check with ESCO Institute for their requirements.