Transfer Credits

Are you eligible for college credit transfer?

If you’ve already earned credits at another college or university, we don’t want them to go to waste. We accept eligible credits from both online and brick-and-mortar schools to put toward our Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s Degree programs. We’ll also take your previous work and life experience into consideration, and award credit based on everything you already know. That means you will save even more time and money when you choose Ashworth College.

Undergraduate students can transfer up to 75% of their Associate or Bachelor’s Degree program from other programs and institutions. Life and work experience, on the other hand, can make up a maximum of 25% of transfer credits. Graduate students can receive transfer credit for up to 50% of their program. We do not accept life or work experience credits at the graduate level.

How to transfer credits

If you have credits you would like to transfer, you will need to submit an official transcript from your previous school within 90 days of enrollment at Ashworth College. Our Registrar will then evaluate your transfer credit eligibility and come up with an academic plan that ensures you are taking the minimum number of courses you need to graduate.

To submit a transcript request, download the form from the Ashworth College Student Portal or have your previous school mail your transcript to the following address:

Ashworth College
Attn: Transcripts
6625 The Corners Parkway, Suite 500
Norcross, GA 30092

To receive credit for work or life experience, please complete the following steps:

  1. Fill out the Life/Work Experience Exam Request Form (available in the Student Portal) listing up to 10 courses from which you would like to be exempt. The Registrar will rearrange your course schedule until testing is complete.
  2. Complete and submit a Proctor Nomination Form. Student Services will choose one person to proctor the exam.
  3. Once the proctor is selected, the exam(s) will be sent to the proctor. Each exam has 50 multiple-choice questions, which students have three hours to complete. Students are welcome to bring their own reference materials to the exam.
  4. Students have 90 days from date of enrollment to submit the proper materials to Ashworth College for life/work experience credit and 120 days from enrollment to complete the tests and return them for grading. A passing grade of 70% or higher on the first attempt is required to receive an exemption for a course.
  5. A $20 administrative fee will be charged for each life-work experience exam.

Transfer pathways

In addition to having the option to transfer credits from your Ashworth Associate Degree to one of our Bachelor’s programs, we have agreements that allow you to transfer your Ashworth College credits toward programs at these schools*:

Transfer credits school logos

Frequently asked questions

You may be taking your first steps into higher education. Or you may be considering online study for the first time. Whatever your situation, we’re here to guide you through the process and answer any questions you have.

We encourage students who are enrolling in our college degree programs to submit an official transcript from any accredited college or university where they have previously earned credits. Prompt receipt of student transcripts allows us to apply eligible transfer credits in a timely manner. Download a transcript request form from the Ashworth College Student Portal or have your previous school mail your transcript to us at the following address:

Ashworth College
Attn: Transcripts
6625 The Corners Parkway, Suite 500
Norcross, GA 30092

Ashworth College has articulation agreements with several regionally and nationally accredited institutions that allow our students to transfer their Ashworth credits to these schools. We are happy to submit your college transcripts completed at Ashworth College, directly to your preferred school. However, policies on transfer credit vary by institution. Students wishing to transfer coursework from Ashworth College to another institution should check with the receiving institution to understand their policy on transfer credits.

Ready to get started?

Let's talk about your educational goals. Call 1-800-957-5412