Questions on enrolling? We're here 9am-9pm ET Mon-Fri

Ashworth College Blog

How to Use the GI Bill® for Education

Written by Autumn Granza on Wednesday, 19 February 2020. Posted in Why Ashworth

Person with military backpack.

*The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) visual information does not imply or constitute DoD endorsement.

Whether you’ve served your country or find yourself moving from state to state as a military spouse, your duty doesn’t mean that you should sacrifice your education. Let knowledge be your next step.

As a veteran, your discipline and work ethic may attract potential employers, but obtaining the knowledge to back up your leadership skills is the first step towards a career you want.

As a military spouse, it may seem impossible to commit to earning your education with your to-do list of family commitments and the lingering possibility of moving and starting over. Fortunately, Ashworth College offers career training and degree programs that move with you.

Here’s how Ashworth supports veterans and military spouses through online, self-paced education.

What are Ashworth College GI Bill® approved benefits?

If earning an education is at the top of your list after entering back into civilian life, then you have options. Ashworth College offers countless career training and degree programs that are GI Bill® benefits eligible. Veterans can apply Montgomery GI Bill® and Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to approved Ashworth programs. Our flexible, online learning model helps education fit into your work or family schedule. Our Military Services Advisors are also available to help you reach your educational goals!

What is your GI Bill® eligibility?

There are two routes to take when considering using benefits for school. The Montgomery GI Bill® may provide up to 36-months of educational benefits, while the Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides support for veterans with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or for those discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. Veterans must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. Your eligibility must be determined prior to enrollment. Once you’re eligible, you should contact a Military Services Advisor to get started.

The way you enroll depends on the program. Veteran students enrolling for an undergraduate certificate, associate degree, or bachelor's degree courses must enroll on the Term Enrollment Model (TEM) academic calendar. TEM courses maintain ongoing academic deadlines in the style of a typical school calendar.

Veteran students enrolling in a career diploma or career certificate courses can enroll at any time through our standard open enrollment model.

Military spouse benefit

As a military spouse it’s important to find a school that moves with you. Ashworth can help. With our online learning model, school is wherever you are. Military spouses of active duty Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy service members, as well as National Guard members and reservists, can apply for MyCAA benefits for career diploma, career certificate, and associate degree courses. Your eligibility must be determined prior to enrollment.

Start your training with Ashworth

Start working towards your education with Ashworth College. For guidance or if you’re ready to enroll contact a Military Services Advisor. Advisors are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-877-758-7630 or via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Let's talk about your educational goals. Call 1-800-957-5412