Payroll Courses Curriculum
The Payroll Clerk training program is real-world training developed by professional educators and payroll management experts. The payroll courses curriculum is easy to follow and includes hands-on instruction you'll actually use on the job.
The Payroll Clerk program will provide instruction on the basic requirements and practices required to accurately compute and maintain records and reports related to the distribution of wages and employee benefits. Program coverage includes basic management principles for the payroll process, time tracking, deductions for benefits and taxes and the payment process. Students will also learn about the accounting practices required for accurate reporting and record keeping, as well as processes used for outsourcing payroll functions.
Program graduates are prepared to take the National Bookkeepers Association (NBA) Uniform Payroll Certification exam, leading to the Payroll Certification designation.
After completing the Payroll Clerk program, students will be able to:
- Properly classify workers, differentiating employees and private contractors based on the common law rule.
- Track employee time and differentiate between types of employee compensation.
- Identify, track and account for all required employee deductions associated with benefits and all required wage taxes.
- Explain how payroll interacts with the accounting system and the associated record keeping, controls and measurements.
- Understand the payroll outsourcing process and the pros and cons of outsourcing payroll.
Our payroll courses will prepare you for a career with a future. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online today.