Introducing: NYIAD’s Landscape Design Course Online
While Ashworth College is no longer Accepting enrollments in our online Landscaping Design Course, we’re excited to introduce you to our partner school, The New York Institute of Art and Design.
NYIAD’s affordable, online Landscape Design Course will introduce you to the world of landscaping and help you prepare for a career as a professional landscaper.LEARN MORE
Take the Next Steps Towards a Career You Want
Attractive, functional landscapes and lawns are vitally important to homeowners, businesses, and groundskeepers across the nation. But landscaping is about more than just mowing and trimming. The most successful landscape designers have practical expertise in hardscape construction, plant morphology, master plan drawing, and more.
When you enroll in our Landscape Design course online, you'll cover the fundamentals of design and then quickly advance to these professional, hands-on techniques. Studying at your own pace, you will also learn important business concepts and practices necessary to run your own landscape design operation.
Our partner school, The New York Institute of Art and Design, is an online school for creative professionals. NYIAD offers a variety of courses in the creative arts, from Interior Design to UX Design and AutoCAD. Although we are based in the capital of the art world, New York City, NYIAD works with students all over the world as they pursue their passions and start new careers.
Learn at the speed that works best for you.
Develop the in-demand skills employers are looking for.
Choose the tuition payment plan that works for you.
What you get with NYIAD’s Landscape Design Course Online
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional landscape designer as your mentor — there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the course at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Landscape Design delivered upon graduation
What You'll Learn In NYIAD’s online landscaping design course
- Interpret the visual elements used during the landscape design process. This includes drawings and graphics tools. Apply this knowledge to the development of personal design concepts.
- Explain how to visualize the landscape site and design space as outdoor rooms. Apply standard design principles. Use these to enhance the appearance of residential and commercial outdoor space.
- Apply mathematical and computer-based solutions to both the design and business-related functions of the landscaping design process.
- Identify various plants, flowers, surface materials, and enclosures used to create and enhance exterior design spaces and describe the many applications and configurations used for these materials.
- Identify and define essential business concepts utilized by landscaping professionals to operate successful businesses, such as the generation and interpretation of contracts and specifications, human resource management, safety and OSHA compliance, and customer service.
- Describe the various aspects of the irrigation, winterizing, and general maintenance required for established landscapes.
Learn More About the NYIAD Experience
Just like Ashworth College, at NYIAD we believe the benefits of online learning can be life-changing—and should be accessible to all. That’s why our affordable programs are designed with you in mind. You're able to learn and develop new skills for in-demand careers your way – on your schedule, at your speed.Penn Foster and how our programs work from students and grads who’ve been where you are.
Frequently asked questions
You may be taking your first steps into higher education. Or you may be considering online study for the first time. Whatever your situation, we're here to guide you through the process and answer any questions you have.
Our Landscape Design course conveys the knowledge, skills, and techniques that professional landscape designers typically use on the job. You need no special background to do well in it. If you have an interest in gardening, an artistic flair, and are comfortable with basic math, this course is right for you.
At NYIAD, you’ll be setting yourself up for success by choosing a floral design certificate program with quality coursework, expert instructors, milestone projects, and mentorship from a professional landscaper. A great mentor will hold you accountable, support your growth as a landscaper, and help you bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government, and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.