Administrative Assistant Training Online
Ashworth College's Administrative Assistant training covers the practical skills you need to work in a variety of industries or organizations where you will be appreciated for your confidence and professionalism. Ashworth College's online Administrative Assistant training consists of comprehensive lessons that teach essential office procedures that can help prepare you for your administrative assistant career. Graduate in as few as 4 months.
The goals and values of Ashworth College; time management; creating a realistic weekly and monthly study schedule; the nature and purpose of assessments; how to study effectively to prepare for and take an online examination; developing the skill sets necessary for success in the twenty-first century.
Evaluating your business idea; setting yourself apart from the competition; market testing; investment funding and donation funding; qualities of an entrepreneur; crowdfunding and angel investors.
Company mission statement; code of ethics; classifications of authority; working relationships; office support functions; ergonomic design.
Technical skills; basic knowledge skills; personal qualities; interpersonal skills; coping with stress; ethical workplace behavior; human relations and international employment.
Employment opportunity resources; self-assessment inventory; ethical job search behavior; preparing a resume; cover letters; interview preparation; composing follow-up letters; applying decision-making skills to your job search.
Total quality management; establishing efficient work habits; assigning priorities; project planning; office supply organization; time management ethics.
Written and oral communication skills; making efficient and productive telephone calls; answering calls and taking messages; long-distance calls; proper telephone etiquette; understanding telephone technology.
Communication process and methods; cultural communication issues; preparing letters, e-mails, memos, and reports; preparing letters and other documents for distribution, ethics in writing; international correspondence.
E-mail etiquette and ethics; sorting, opening, and distributing mail; preparing and sending outgoing mail; international mail; using postage meters, postal scales, postage calculators, fax machines, scanners, and photocopiers.
Record management systems; developing and maintaining a filing system; alphabetic filing rules and indexing principles; electronic filing organization; retaining and transferring paper records; ethics in records management; international records management standards.
Banking procedures; checks, deposits, and statement reconciliation; accounting procedures; payroll; budgeting and inventory; ethics in accounting; international currency exchange.
Making and maintaining an appointment schedule; using electronic, web-based, and paper calendars; greeting and attending to visitors; managing diversity amongst visitors; office security; ethics and visitors.
Planning trips using Internet travel services and travel agencies; arranging air travel, car rental, hotel reservations; passports, visas, and immunization requirements; ethics and reporting travel expenses; international travel.
Preparing for meetings and conferences; assembling materials, supplies, refreshments; recording, preparing, and distributing meeting minutes; preparing for, starting, and ending team meetings; ethical meeting behavior; virtual meetings; international conferences.
Planning and organizing presentations; delivering and evaluating presentations; designing multimedia presentations using PowerPoint; dealing with nervousness; ethics and speaking; speaking to diverse audiences.
Performance appraisals; setting goals and increasing effectiveness; developing leadership qualities; cross-training; values and ethics; developing through education, associations, and certifications.
Medical office careers; medical office skills; medical office staff and careers.
The legal office; training and qualifications for legal secretaries and assistants; processing contracts, bankruptcies, wills, petitions, affidavits, and powers of attorney; preparing legal documents; legal assistant ethics.
Why choose Ashworth College for your Administrative Assistant training?
- Ashworth College's online Administrative Assistant course is one of the most affordable and convenient programs offered.
- Your Administrative Assistant program features curriculum focused on developing your time management and communication skills, working with others in an office setting, records management and writing letters, scheduling appointments and travel arrangements, basic banking and accounting procedures, and planning and organizing meetings.
- Convenient online courses allow you to complete your studies at your own pace.
- You can take all exams and submit all assessments online – exams are auto-graded for instant feedback.
- Your Administrative Assistant courses include numerous virtual field trips using Internet resources to reinforce advanced concepts, provide multimedia presentations, and to help develop your skills for research and professional growth.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.
Your Administrative Assistant Training Course
As part of Ashworth College's Administrative Assistant training online, you'll have the opportunity to learn how to prepare for your employment search, perform basic financial tasks, schedule appointments, maintain calendars, and receive visitors. You could also learn how to plan for future professional challenges.
Employers are looking for administrative assistants who can:
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records and messages
- Arrange staff meetings
- Route and answer incoming phone calls, faxes, mail, and email
- Operate computers and other office equipment
- Run spreadsheet, database management, and other applications
- Complete documents in accordance with company procedures
- Prepare marketing or sales presentations
- Make travel arrangements
- Greet clients and suppliers
Ashworth College Student Reviews
"Thank you, Ashworth College, for giving me the tools to be successful."
–Jose Dones, Student
"You can achieve your goals here at Ashworth College. It doesn't set you up to fail. You can go at your own pace every step of the way"
– Carolyn McDale, Student
"I love Ashworth College because I don't have to take student loans to pay my school fees. It is affordable and you can study at your own time."
– Michell Oberly, Student
Your Administrative Assistant Course Includes:
- Comprehensive textbook and online learning guides
- Writing Workshop activities
- Practice Your Skills activities
- Online exams and assessments
- Access to Academic Advisors
- Access to a Learning Resource Center and Library via Proquest
- Ability to track academic progress and manage account information via the student portal
- Personalized Career Guidance
- Ability to interact with peer students, faculty, and staff via Ashworth's Online Community
Do I need previous experience as an administrative assistant to enroll in Ashworth College's Administrative Assistant Career Diploma program?
No, you don't need previous experience to enroll in the Administrative Assistant program. This program is designed to teach you about the professional skills needed to be an administrative assistant.
Is this course all online or do I get books?
The Administrative Assistant training includes a physical textbook that is shipped to the student at the start of the Lesson Group 2. Learning guides are available online.
Complete our comprehensive Administrative Assistant training online and on your terms. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online today.