HIPAA Compliance Course Curriculum at Ashworth
The HIPAA Compliance course curriculum is real-world training developed by professional educators. The curriculum is easy to follow and includes HIPAA compliance guidelines that you will actually use in the allied health field.
The HIPAA Compliance certificate program provides students with an overview of the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules and details the compliance tasks, training, and technology needed to implement privacy and security policies. Students will learn about the most recent regulations and standards, implementation cost considerations, covered entity issues, and guidelines for creating a HIPAA-compliant infrastructure. Special attention is paid to recent updates in HIPAA regulations, including the HITECH Act and the Omnibus Rule.
After completing the HIPAA Compliance program, students will be able to do the following:
- Explain what the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) entails, what it requires, and what organizations can do to attain and maintain compliance
- Compare the HIPAA Privacy Rule and Security Rule and discuss compliance implementation measures for both
- Explain the most recent changes to HIPAA, including the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act and the Omnibus Rule, and discuss how these updates further affect compliance
- Describe how covered entities are impacted by HIPAA regulations
- Explain the necessary components of a HIPAA-compliant technology infrastructure
- Discuss organizational security incident procedures and contingency plans for HIPAA-related violations
- Identify training, education, and compliance-awareness procedures for employees of organizations impacted by HIPAA
Our HIPAA Compliance course curriculum will enable you to advance in your career in the allied health field. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll now.