Pharmacy Technician Program Curriculum
The Pharmacy Technician program was developed by professionals to make sure you learn practical skills for a real-world career. Our focus is to prepare you to graduate ready to enter a growing field.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.
Obtain the skills needed for this stable career in pharmacy technician training. Our online program covers the indications, side effects, dosage calculations and administration methods of the major classes of drugs. This course prepares students for the ExCPT or PTCE certification exam*, leading the way to rapid advancement in a worthwhile field.
After completing the Pharmacy Technician program, students will be able to:
- Outline the typical responsibilities of a pharmacy technician and describe the personal and professional ethics required for success in this profession.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the pharmacy technician and the pharmacist, explain the differences between these two roles, and outline the regulations imposed on both by state and federal law.
- Explain how to follow all standard techniques and procedures related to pharmacy operations, including aseptic operations, medication transcriptions, metric/apothecary conversions, drug dispensation, recordkeeping, and patient profiling.
- List and explain all major classifications of drugs and understand their indications, therapeutic effects, side effects, dosing recommendations, routes of administration, and mechanisms of action.
- Interact with pharmacists, customers, and business associates, displaying professional skills, appearance, and ethics in a work-experience setting.
Our Pharmacy Technician program provides training to help you achieve your goals. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online today.
*Certification Exam Requirements: Certification exam prerequisites vary. Please check with NHA and PTCB for their requirements.