Introducing: NYIAD’s Floral Design Program
While Ashworth College is no longer Accepting enrollments in our Floral Design Program, we’re excited to introduce you to our partner school, The New York Institute of Art and Design.
NYIAD’s affordable, online Florist Design Course will introduce you to the world of floral arrangements and help you prepare for a career as a professional floral designer or florist.LEARN MORE
Take the Next Steps Towards a Career You Want
Turn your passion into a career with online flower arranging classes. NYIAD's affordable Floral Design classes online can help aspiring florists gain the artistic skills, design techniques, and practical business knowledge needed to thrive in a highly creative field.
Our partner school, The New York Institute of Art and Design, is an online school for creative professionals. NYIAD offers a variety of courses in the creative arts, from Interior Design to UX Design and AutoCAD. Although we are based in the capital of the art world, New York City, NYIAD works with students all over the world as they pursue their passions and start new careers.
Learn at the speed that works best for you.
Develop the in-demand skills employers are looking for.
Choose the tuition payment plan that works for you.
What you get with NYIAD’s Floral Design Classes Online
- 24/7 access to expertly prepared online course materials — lessons and HD video
- One-to-one feedback from a professional floral designer as your mentor— there to help you improve
- Access to a team of advisors — available by phone and email to answer all your questions
- Up to 18 months to complete the online floral design training class at your own pace
- Access to our student forum — an online community to discuss courses, get answers to your questions, and share your work
- 14 days to review the online course risk-free — full refunds offered in first two weeks after enrollment
- NYIAD Certificate in Floral Design delivered upon graduation
What You'll Learn In NYIAD’s Floral Design Classes
- Master the world of floral arrangements and build up his or her skills en route to a career as a professional florist or floral designer.
- State the history of floral design and how it impacts modern design practices.
- Describe the principles of floral design.
- Explore and develop their own style as a professional floral designer.
- Explain the different tools, supplies, and workspace requirements needed to be an organized floral designer.
- Design beautiful arrangements for weddings, funerals, romantic occasions and more.
- Demonstrate the business skills needed to succeed as a professional florist or floral designer.
- Utilize mood boards and online media to share work and gain inspiration.
Learn More About the NYIAD Experience
Just like Ashworth College, at NYIAD we believe the benefits of online learning can be life-changing—and should be accessible to all. That’s why our affordable programs are designed with you in mind. You're able to learn and develop new skills for in-demand careers your way – on your schedule, at your speed.Penn Foster and how our programs work from students and grads who’ve been where you are.
Frequently asked questions
You may be taking your first steps into higher education. Or you may be considering online study for the first time. Whatever your situation, we're here to guide you through the process and answer any questions you have.
Yes! With our Floral Design classes online, you'll learn the hands-on techniques that professional flower arrangers use on the job. The exciting world of floral design will unfold before you as you delve into the detailed knowledge you need to be competent in your career.
At NYIAD, you’ll be setting yourself up for success by choosing a floral design certificate program with quality coursework, expert instructors, milestone projects, and mentorship from a professional florist. A great mentor will hold you accountable, support your growth as a floral designer, and help you bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government, and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.