Our curriculum for Electrician Training online
Electrical theory and work practices. Safety procedures. NEC-compliant installation techniques. There’s no doubt that electricians need comprehensive knowledge and skill sets, even for entry-level roles.
Our Electrician Training online program prepares you for these opportunities. It explores every essential aspect of electrician work—from grounding to conduits—helping you stand out from the crowd and gain the competencies employers demand.
Curriculum LessonsLesson 1: Learning at Ashworth
The goals and values of Ashworth College; time management; creating a realistic weekly and monthly study schedule; the nature and purpose of assessments; how to study effectively to prepare for and take an online examination; developing the skill sets necessary for success in the twenty-first century.
An overview of potential career paths and professional development available for students who formally develop skills and knowledge related to building construction. This lesson includes a summary of math and science concepts important to building professionals as well as applications of modern technologies to the construction workplace. The lesson concludes with an overview of general workplace safety practices and applications of personal protection equipment.
Students will learn the terminology used by electricians related to basic electrical theory, wiring practices and devices. This lesson also covers the identification and safe application of hand and power tools required used to complete electrical wiring assignments. Coverage includes the application and interpretation of basic test meters and circuit analysis equipment.
This lesson covers the devices and installation techniques used for the installation of the service entrance and the main service panel.
A summary of the critical concept of electrical grounding and the practices and materials used to insure proper grounding in new and remodeled structures. Students will also learn about how to properly install wiring systems in new and existing buildings.
/ Lessons Displayed
The Electrician Training program provides students with the theory and work practices necessary to pursue entry-level employment in the electrical trades. This program covers safety for electrical equipment installation and tool usage, basic electricity and AC current theory, and a wide range of installation procedures for both residential and commercial properties that are compliant with the requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC). Students are also introduced to electrical practices commonly required in industrial manufacturing as well as advanced print reading and career development.
After completing the Electrician Training program, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic materials and tools used for standard residential electrical projects and describe how they are applied as part of the construction and home-repair process.
- Explain the importance of safe work practices and describe the safe use and application of electrical wiring and equipment.
- Identify the components and assembly configurations of basic and advanced wiring systems used in residential and light commercial/industrial applications.
- Outline the components and functions of brand, feeder, and service circuits and installations.
- Identify and describe the application and installation of standard electrical fixtures and electric-powered appliances.
- Outline the electrical installation of related building systems, such as communications, computer, and security wiring.
- Explain the basic concepts related to industrial systems and their installation, including transformers, PLCs, motors, motor controls, and the special equipment and installation required in hazardous locations.
Amp up your career prospects
When it comes to career success, our program stands apart from other online electrician courses. Why? Because as an Ashworth College student, you'll have exclusive access to our full range of Career Tools, including one-on-one interview training with our expert advisors.