The Bookkeeping training program is real-world training developed by professional educators and bookkeeping experts. The curriculum is easy to follow and includes hands-on procedures you'll actually use on the job.
In the Bookkeeping program students will learn the basics of bookkeeping and accounting practices that analyze, verify and post details of financial transactions for small companies or as part of an accounting department in larger companies. Program coverage includes instruction on the accounting equation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing, inventory, budgets, and the controls and records management required to maintain accurate and compliant company accounts.
After completing the Bookkeeping program, students will be able to:
- Understand the role and duties of a bookkeeper within the framework of required accounting activities in a business setting.
- Explain and apply the concepts of cash and accrual accounting, double entry bookkeeping and debits and credits.
- Prepare payroll transactions ranging from paying wages to depositing and reporting taxes.
- Make appropriate and accurate accounting entries for a variety of financial records.
- Define fixed assets, depreciation and amortization, including different methods of calculating depreciation for book and tax purposes.
- Assist in using basic internal controls to prevent theft, embezzlement, or check and credit card fraud by employees, vendors, or customers.
- Prepare required documents for Budgeting, Internal Controls and Record Retention.
Our Bookkeeping training program will prepare you for a career with a future. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online today.