Electronic Medical Records Online Training
The Electronic Medical Records certificate program gives you hands-on experience building, accessing, and updating patient EMRs using several different simulated record environments. You’ll have the opportunity to increase your familiarity with the look and feel of popular EMR tools and features used in today's medical offices. You'll be positioned to learn how to take advantage of software tools to streamline patient flow, ensure continuity of care and create important demographic reports that help to improve the quality of health care for both patients and clinicians. You'll also be provided the resources to learn how to better identify information errors and comply with the auditing process to ensure that patient data is thorough, accurate and secure within your facility in accordance with HIPAA regulations. You could finish in as few as 3 months!
Lesson Group 1: Orientation: Ashworth College Career Certificate ProgramLearning at Ashworth
The goals and values of Ashworth College; time management; creating a realistic weekly and monthly study schedule; the nature and purpose of assessments; how to study effectively to prepare for and take an online examination; developing the skill sets necessary for success in the twenty-first century.
Introduction to the basic operations of allied health careers and the legal and ethical issues students may encounter while working in the many different venues available for these fields.
Lesson Group 2: Electronic Medical RecordsEMR Applications and Equipment
History and benefits of EMRs; EMR workflows; entering and retrieving patient information; performing clinical and administrative tasks; integrated devices; clinical vocabularies.
History of practice management systems; streamlining patient flow; using EMR templates; training and support for EMRs; using, editing, and updating databases for insurance, codes, and demographics.
Entering coding, billing, diagnosis, and procedure information into an EMR; translating diagnoses and procedures into numeric and alphanumeric codes; generating reports; posting payments; using superbills.
Ensuring EMR completeness and accuracy; entering live data into an EMR; assisting with charting functions; identifying information errors; the importance of audits; the effect of charting on reimbursement.
Professional standards for EMRs; HIPAA privacy and security; forms of protected health information; detecting threats to EMRs; guidelines for releasing information; abbreviations used in EMRs; catastrophe plans; reviewing financial reports.
Why Choose Ashworth College for your Electronic Medical Records Training Online?
- Ashworth College's online Electronic Medical Records training program is one of the most affordable and convenient programs offered on electronic data entry for healthcare patients.
- Your program includes dozens of real-world records simulations using two cloud-based EMR software systems—Practice Fusion® and PracticeSuite®—to enable you to perform patient data entry and billing functions common within healthcare facilities. You'll build on your existing healthcare skills with exposure to the newest and most utilized EMR features in today's practices.
- Your program includes in-depth coverage of privacy and security regulations required for individually identifiable health information and teaches you how to maintain compliance with government regulations.
- Your EMR training includes numerous virtual field trips to reinforce advanced concepts and enhance your multimedia experience.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.
Your Electronic Medical Records Training Course
Ashworth College's Electronic Medical Records training online is for students with a healthcare background that want work-focused practice using medical records software systems to enter patient health information, create billing reports and secure data in compliance with government requirements.
If you're a healthcare professional returning to the workplace or current records technician, you know you need continuous training in the latest technologies to maintain top-end skills in the latest EMR functions and environments.
Medical records technicians who want to advance their careers know they need to master technology that empowers them to:
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians or other medical personnel
- Enter data, such as demographic characteristics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures or treatment into an EMR system
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations
- Compile and maintain patients' medical records to document condition and treatment
Ashworth College Student Reviews
"Thank you, Ashworth College, for giving me the tools to be successful."
– Jose Dones, Student
"You can achieve your goals here at Ashworth College. It doesn't set you up to fail. You can go at your own pace every step of the way."
– Carolyn McDale, Student
"I love Ashworth College because I don't have to take student loans to pay my school fees. It is affordable and you can study at your own time."
– Michell Oberly, Student
Your Electronic Medical Records Course Includes:
- Dozens of software simulations based on real-world data entry
- Comprehensive online learning guides
- Online exams and assessments
- Access to the latest electronic medical record software tools available
- Access to Academic Advisors
- Access to a learning resource center and library via Proquest
- Ability to track your progress and manage account information via the Student Portal
- Personalized career guidance
- Ability to interact with peer students, faculty and staff via Ashworth's online community
What sets Ashworth College's Electronic Medical Records training course apart from other schools' programs?
The program you choose should cover all of the material necessary to enable you to navigate EMR software systems in various healthcare practices. You want an EMR training program that has lesson content focused on patient data entry, clinical vocabularies, EMR workflows and templates, databases and demographics, coding and billing reports, audits and privacy and security. A well-rounded program provides immediate hands-on training with several EMR software systems, with detailed screen captures and tips from professionals that will help expand your current healthcare skills to include experience performing common and complex data-entry tasks that improve patient flow within a healthcare facility. Ashworth College's Electronic Medical Records training course has all that and more.
Is this course all online or do I get books?
The Electronic Medical Records program is available entirely online via the Student Portal. The program uses cloud-based software systems as part of its EMR practice. There are no shipped materials in this program.