Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
Boost your qualifications in child development by earning an Associate of Science Degree in Early Childhood Education.
The Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education is a 60-credit-hour, 4-semester program that provides 24 credit hours of general education plus specialized education in a student’s focus area. It covers theories and techniques for fun and effective learning in courses like curriculum development, guidance and discipline, and creative expression. For students pursuing a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™, coursework can be applied toward the formal education requirement.
At Ashworth College, enrollment in the Early Childhood Education Associate Degree program is not dependent upon submission of standardized test scores. A high school diploma or equivalent is the only prerequisite for admission. Upon successful graduation from the program, students who wish to continue to the next degree level will have already completed half of the credit hours required for a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Get full program information, tuition & student requirements
Learn how you can:
- Easily afford this API Program Name program with 0% interest monthly payment options
- Fit study around your life with our flexible online study model
- Upgrade your career prospects and achieve your goals
What you get
- 120 hours of professional education to apply to your CDA Credential™
- A combination of textbooks and online lessons
- Binder™ mobile app for taking your learning materials on-the-go
- Student Portal dashboard for instant access to lessons and support
- Learning Resource Center online libraries and labs
- ProQuest® digital access to thousands of sources for research
- An active online community of fellow students, staff, and grads
Employment of childcare workers is expected to be favorable in the coming years. With a background in child development and your associate degree, you could soon hold one of the 84,300 new jobs that will be created for childcare workers through 2026*. There’s no better time to prepare.
You have goals. We have standards. Let’s do great things together.
Gain essential skills and meet a professional education requirement.
Our partnerships and online tools are here to help you as soon as you enroll.