2020 Graduation ceremony registration
Our 2020 Graduation Ceremony will take place at Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre, PA on Saturday, September, 12, 2020.
In order to walk in the ceremony, a graduate must...
- Successfully complete all academic requirements by July 31, 2020.
- Confirm their eligibility by calling Graduation Services at 1.800.232.3204.
- Register and purchase a regalia package via the 2020 Graduation Registration Form.
Schedule of events
- Doors open at 10:00 a.m. More details to come soon.
Graduates participating in the ceremony must purchase a regalia package (cap, gown, and tassel) directly from Ashworth College.
- For high school, undergraduate, and career diploma graduates, regalia packages cost $65.00 + shipping and taxes.
- For master's degree graduates, regalia packages cost $90.00 + shipping and taxes.
- Qualifying graduates can order an honors cord for an additional $10.
- Regalia orders must be paid directly through the 2020 Graduation Registration Form.
- Regalia packages cannot be purchased after July 31, 2020.
Graduation is a milestone. Don't miss this opportunity to celebrate your achievement with family and friends. Make memories that will last a lifetime.
- Guest ticket sales open Monday, February 17, 2020.
- Guest tickets will be available for purchase through ticketmaster.com
- All seats are general admission.
- Ticket prices are $20.00 each. All guests over 2 years of age require a ticket.
- Graduates walking in the ceremony do not need a ticket.
Northeastern Pennsylvania is a great area with a lot of history, plenty to do, and many food and lodging accommodations. Below we have provided links to a variety of options in the Scranton and Wilkes-Barre area.
Where to stay:
- Genetti Manor Wilkes-Barre
- The Woodlands Inn
- Days Inn Wilkes-Barre
- Microtel Dickson City
- Holiday Inn Express
- AirBnB Wilkes-Barre Options
Want to know more about this year’s ceremony? Our Frequently Asked Questions are here to help!
Any graduate, regardless of graduation date, from Ashworth College, James Madison High School, or PCDI Canada is eligible to participate. To walk, you must successfully complete all academic requirements by July 31, 2020. We require that you call Graduation Services to confirm your eligibility at 1.800.232.3204. You are also required to purchase a regalia package and register online by 6:00 p.m. July 31, 2020.
Please note: Graduates DO NOT need to be paid in full in order to attend the event.
There is no way to guarantee guest tickets will be for sale on the day of graduation. We strongly recommend purchasing tickets in advance through Ticketmaster. All tickets are general admission. There is no assigned seating.
No, as you should have received your diploma upon completion of your program. However, you will receive a diploma holder at the ceremony to commemorate this important day.
Ashworth College will send updates to the eligible graduates. For all graduation related questions please call Graduation Services at 1.800.232.3204
Location - The Mohegan Sun Arena is located at 255 Highland Park Blvd, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702.
Parking - Parking for the event at Mohegan Sun Arena is free. The Mohegan Sun Arena parking lot is located adjacent to the venue and is accessible via Highland Park Blvd. or Mundy St.
Yes. Graduates with disabilities who require special assistance to participate in the ceremony should contact Graduation Services at 1.800.232.3204 to make arrangements. A sign language interpreter will be on stage to accommodate those with hearing disabilities.
In early 2019, Penn Foster acquired Ashworth College. This year (2020), we’ll have the highest number of learners eligible for graduation in our combined histories. In order to accommodate the size of audience we expect, and, maintain the spirit of celebration for this special milestone for our learners, families and friends, the two institutions will hold a combined graduation ceremony event.
After assessing our needs and available options based on location, commitments, and logistics, the decision was made to host the graduation ceremonies at a venue that could accommodate the size of our audience and graduates. The Mohegan Sun facility in Wilkes-Barre, PA will allow us to accommodate the biggest audience we’ve had, and we have had successful Penn Foster graduation ceremonies at this venue in the past.
Yes, learners will be recognized as graduates of the school they attended.
You will receive your diploma or certificate from the school in which you graduated. If you are enrolled in Ashworth College, your diploma will state that as your achievement-granting entity.
Yes! Commemorative merchandise from the Ashworth College and James Madison High School Store will be available for purchase on site.
Yes, photography will be provided by Earl & Sedor Photographic. Each student will be photographed as they receive their diplomaGraduates and their families can visit earlandsedor.com/grads for information about purchasing photographs. Photographs will be available online a few days after the ceremony. Earl & Sedor offer ten different photo packages starting at $29.95 for four 5x7’s
Any Graduation registration fees paid or guest tickets purchased will be applicable for the new event date of 9/12/2020. No need for action is required if you will attend the rescheduled date. Refunds are available to students & guests who are unable to attend the new event date of Sept 12, 2020.
- To request a refund of your registration fee $35.00 please complete this form.
- To request a refund for guest tickets Log into your Ticketmaster account and click on the "Refund My Order" button. Refunds will take 5 - 10 business days to process.
Regalia orders are non-refundable.