Gourmet Cooking and Catering Program
Our Gourmet Cooking and Catering program gives you practical skills for the real world. Learn how to prepare delicious dishes for all occasions, serve gourmet fare, create healthy, balanced menus, and manage catered events. Graduate ready to be a chef or start your own catering business.
Students will learn the basic skills needed to enter the catering field. Topics include professionalism and food safety issues; nutrition; creating healthy, balanced menus; kitchen tools and equipment; techniques and procedures for preparing a wide range of food and gourmet meals; starting and successfully operating a catering business.
Students will have the opportunity to earn ServSafe® Food Handler certification through the National Restaurant Association.
After completing the Gourmet Cooking and Catering program, students will be able to:
- Identify the career opportunities available to trained culinary professionals and describe the personal and professional qualities required for success in this career field.
- Identify common food safety issues and explain how they can be avoided by following high sanitation standards.
- Identify both the nutritional and taste/flavor benefits of common food components and seasoning and how the combinations of these components contribute to menu items that promote healthy balanced diets.
- Explain the basics of nutrition and describe how nutritional and taste/flavor profiles are combined to create healthy, balanced menu items.
- Identify and describe required kitchen tools and equipment.
- Explain how to operate a successful food-service enterprise.
Our Gourmet Cooking and Catering program prepares you for a delicious future. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online now.