Occupational Therapy Aide Training Curriculum
The Occupational Therapy Aide training program provides the theory and work practices necessary to pursue entry-level employment as an occupational therapy aide. You’ll learn real-world skills that will set you apart as you reach for your career goals.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.
Learn the fundamentals of the occupational therapy setting with our Occupational Therapy Aide program. Our program prepares students to support occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants in helping patients gain the skills necessary to live and work. Students will learn about medical terminology used in the healthcare setting, the history of the occupational therapy field, the occupational therapy aide’s role in patient care, and different equipment used in the occupational therapy setting. Students will complete an adaptive equipment assessment in an occupational therapy setting before finishing the program.
After completing the Occupational Therapy Aide program, students will be able to:
- Identify and define commonly used medical terms and explain how to use word elements to interpret unfamiliar medical terminology
- Identify the important milestones and people that shaped the occupational therapy field
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of the members of the rehabilitative team
- Identify the significance of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework domain and process, and recognize how important the Occupational Therapy Aide duties responsibilities, including workplace safety, are to the occupational therapy process
- Recognize the importance of customer service in the occupational therapy setting, identify occupational therapy equipment used in the treatment process, how to use the equipment, and the safety procedures required while using this equipment
The online Occupational Therapy Aide training program helps you begin a meaningful career. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online .