Computer Network Security Program Curriculum
Program Under Redevelopment - Currently Not Taking Enrollments
Our Computer Network Security program curriculum will teach you the latest strategies for thwarting cyber attacks. From securing important data on a day-to-day basis to developing disaster recovery plans, our training gives you the practical skills to enter the computer network security field fast. Start today.
Data security breaches are a top concern for modern organizations, making computer network security one of the most in-demand career fields. The Computer Network Security program prepares students to enter this field by providing instruction in security risk assessment as well as in preventing, monitoring, and responding to common security breaches and hacks. Students learn about typical risks and preventative measures for a variety of network configurations, including wireless networks, cloud-based networks, and different hardware/software setups. Throughout this program, students learn industry data protection standards and guidelines so they can assist in creating and enforcing effective network administration policies and procedures.
After completing the Computer Network Security program, students will be able to:
- Recognize common network security threats and explain the techniques used by hackers and other unauthorized users to breach network security.
- Describe standard risk assessment techniques and solutions used to identify and mitigate security threats for a variety of common network configurations.
- Identify standard best-practice policies and guidelines used to control and harden the network and describe how to implement such practices to achieve industry compliance.
- Explain why organizations require well-considered, enterprise-wide disaster recovery plans and identify common elements of such plans.
- Describe the importance of encryption and identify encryption practices that maximize the overall protection scheme at various network levels.