Wedding Planner Program
Our Wedding Planner program is designed for people who want to create magical moments for a bride and groom in one of life’s most joyous occasions. Every lesson teaches a must-know technique. You’ll love every minute of this course. Tuition covers membership in the Association of Bridal Consultants, where you may opt to become a Certified Sandals® Resorts Destination Wedding Specialist. Sandals is one of the premiere names in destination weddings and honeymoon resort packages.
Students will learn about the role and obligations of the professional wedding planner. Topics include elements of professionalism; wedding customs, rituals, and traditions; wedding events, including parties, showers, and ceremonies; planning and organizing a wedding; running a wedding planning business.
Upon graduation, students will receive membership in the Association of Bridal Consultants. They will have access to the ABC’s professional workshops, business referrals, marketing and advertising assistance, and other benefits. They will also have the opportunity to become a certified Sandals Resorts Destination Wedding Specialist.
After completing the Wedding Planner program, students will be able to:
- Describe the role of the wedding planner in organizing and coordinating a wedding and describe the elements of professionalism, creativity, and expertise required to achieve success as a wedding planner.
- Describe the origins of the most common customs, rituals, and traditions used in wedding ceremonies and explain the factors that engaged couples typically consider when determining the style and size of their wedding.
- Identify the various events associated with weddings, including parties, showers, and the wedding reception and the processes that must be followed to successfully schedule and manage these events.
- Explain the responsibilities associated with planning and organizing a wedding including vendor selection and contracting and the identification and selection of appropriate wedding attire for all members of the wedding party.
- Describe the critical business considerations of running a wedding planning business such as financial planning and management, legal concerns, record keeping and marketing and outline typical fee structures used by wedding planning businesses.
- Prepare to obtain professional certification through the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC).
In the Wedding Planner program, we teach everything from choosing a date to dressing the bridesmaids, from arranging transportation to taste-testing wedding cakes, and even sending the couple on their honeymoon. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online today.