Wedding Planner Course
Ashworth College's nationally accredited Wedding Planner course helps prepare you to enter the wedding planning field. The course provides a curriculum that thoroughly details the exciting roles and responsibilities of the wedding planner. In addition, the online Wedding Planner course includes a membership in the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC). Membership in ABC gives you access to industry workshops and conferences, networking opportunities, insurance discounts, and other special benefits to help market your services and build your business. ABC members are eligible to earn the designation of Registered Wedding Planner. Completion of your Ashworth College program will contribute to the requirements Wedding Planners must meet to be identified as a Registered Wedding Planner. This nationally-recognized credential from the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC) helps give your clients confidence that you're a trained professional. Graduate in as few as 4 months.
Lesson Group 1: Orientation: Ashworth College Career ProgramLearning at Ashworth
The goals and values of Ashworth College; time management; creating a realistic weekly and monthly study schedule; the nature and purpose of assessments; how to study effectively to prepare for and take an online examination; developing the skill sets necessary for success in the twenty-first century.
Evaluating your business idea; setting yourself apart from the competition; market testing; investment funding and donation funding; qualities of an entrepreneur; crowdfunding and angel investors.
Lesson Group 2: Wedding Planner FundamentalsMaking Dreams Come True
The role of the bridal consultant; basics of a successful bridal consulting business; your professional image; gathering resources for wedding planning; working with brides and mothers at the first interview; setting appropriate fees.
The engagement; making the announcement; selecting a wedding style; formulating the budget; listing wedding plans and costs; compiling the guest list; choosing the right invitations; tracking responses.
Popular wedding customs and traditions; contemporary symbolism; rituals and traditions around the world; ethnic customs; receiving gifts; accepted etiquette; using a bridal registry.
Lesson Group 3: Steps to Planning a WeddingCeremonies
Selecting the right site for different kinds of ceremonies; the challenge of double weddings; how to personalize the ceremony and make it special for each couple; what you should know about the way different religions celebrate marriage; conducting a wedding rehearsal.
Apportioning the wedding costs among the bride, groom, and parents; approaches to distributing financial obligations; unexpected expenses; what to specify in contracts with vendors; insurance concerns.
How to shop for and find the perfect wedding dress; selecting bridal accessories; choosing the right attire for the maid of honor, best man, and other attendants; appropriate outfits for mothers, fathers, and siblings; proper attire for wedding guests.
Planning the engagement party; the who, what, when, how, and where of bridal and wedding showers; requirements for the bridesmaids' luncheon; the bachelor party; the rehearsal dinner; ideas for the main event—the wedding reception; selecting the right facility; renting equipment.
Choosing a menu; how to select a caterer; food service concerns; understanding catering contracts, terms, and conditions; the steps involved in ordering and serving the wedding cake; the groom's cake; coordinating reception details; popular reception traditions.
Lesson Group 4: The Wedding Celebration and the HoneymoonOrchestrating and Decorating the Celebration
Rules for the ceremony's music; choosing and contracting with the musicians; musical selections for the wedding ceremony and reception; selecting a qualified florist; floral trends and tips; bridal bouquet options.
Choosing a photographer; drawing up a fair contract; engagement pictures; how to have a successful bridal portrait sitting; candid versus formal shots; the wedding album; capturing weddings on video; verifying references; the cost of wedding photography.
Determining the appropriate honeymoon site and style; planning the honeymoon; creating a reasonable budget; legal requirements for traveling to foreign destinations; wedding transportation vendors.
Handling weddings with complicated family circumstances; understanding common familial emotions and pressures; managing stress; couples with socioeconomic disparities; prenuptial agreements.
Lesson Group 5: Starting and Marketing Your BusinessStarting Your Business
Your new bridal consulting business: start-up essentials; legal requirements; record keeping and taxes; managing your money; a reality-based management plan.
Tips for effective advertising and promotion; marketing strategies; analyzing your competition; measuring advertising effectiveness.
Why Ashworth College career school to study how to become a Wedding Planner?
- Your online Wedding Planner classes help prepare you to become a professional wedding planner with an impressive list of credentials that will set you apart from the competition.
- Your Wedding Planner course covers the most up-to-date wedding planning fundamentals, including selecting a wedding style, creating a budget, selecting vendors, creating contracts, choosing appropriate wedding attire for the wedding party, planning the engagement party, and making important business decisions, such as financial planning and managing and marketing your business.
- Includes membership to the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC), the largest group of wedding professionals in the world who have been making wedding dreams come true since 1955.
- Your online course includes virtual field trips using Internet resources to reinforce advanced concepts, provide multimedia presentations, and to help develop your skills for research and professional growth.
Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC)
Ashworth College partners with the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC) to provide you with a valuable opportunity to become a Certified Sandals® Resorts Destination Wedding Specialist.
Included in your ABC Wedding Planner Membership
- ABC, a well-known and trusted organization, has more than 4,000 wedding planning experts located in all 50 states and 34 countries.
- ABC offers customized continuing education and recertification opportunities to make sure you maintain your credential throughout your career and stay ahead in the industry. Through this offering, members can increase their recognition from Registered Wedding Planner all the way to Master Bridal Consultant.
- ABC is meeting the demand for credentialed professionals by offering members valuable tools such as liability insurance, access to seminars, career support from other experts, and a subscription to Wedding Planner Magazine.
- Having the option to become a Certified Sandals® Resorts Destination Wedding Specialist through ABC can give you a competitive advantage in your field, as couples look to exchange vows at their honeymoon location in the form of a destination wedding. This valuable feature will also contribute to the requirements necessary to earn the title of Registered Wedding Planner from ABC.
- ABC offers members reduced rates with various wedding vendors, including caterers, musicians, florists, and more—a great way to save and grow your revenue at the same time.
A career in this field may require you to meet certain licensing, training, and other requirements that can vary by vocation and state. You should check with your state, local government and/or licensing board to find out which requirements may be applicable in your state. Click here for contact information on state licensing/regulatory boards and certain professional licensing information.
Our Wedding Planner Course
As part of Ashworth College's Wedding Planner training course, you'll learn the responsibilities associated with planning the wedding and all of the events leading up to the wedding, including interviewing and selecting vendors, setting appropriate fees, acknowledging customs and traditions, planning the honeymoon, and running and managing your own wedding planning business.
Employers and clients are looking for wedding planners who can do the following:
- Effectively manage multiple projects at the same time and meet tight deadlines that may be outside of normal business hours
- Act professionally at all timesCommunicate well with clients, suppliers, and event staffEstablish and maintain positive relationships with clients and suppliersWork independently and solve problems quickly
Ashworth College Student Reviews
"Dreams really do come true! Thanks for helping me reach them Ashworth!"
– Samantha Currier, Student
"I’d recommend Ashworth to any student who’s very busy. If you’re a full-time Mom or if you’re working full-time, I recommend it because it’s very flexible and the online classes are very easy to follow. "
– Cecilia Occhieny, Student
"I love Ashworth College because I don't have to take student loans to pay my school fees. It is affordable and you can study at your own time."
– Michell Oberly, Student
Your Wedding Planner Course Includes:
- Illustrated study guides
- One-year membership in the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC)
- Exclusive access to the ABC's continuing education tools and benefits, including
- Subscription to the ABC's Wedding Planner Magazine
- Business referrals
- Continuing education workshops
- Media coverage and co-op advertising
- Opportunity to become a Certified Sandals® Resorts Destination Wedding Specialist
- Wedding Planner Resources supplement, which includes checklists, timetables, scheduling forms, and many other useful items
- Points toward the ABC Registered Wedding Planner designation when you complete your studies
When will I receive my membership in the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC)?
Upon graduation of the Ashworth College Wedding Planner online course, you'll receive membership in the Association of Bridal Consultants.
Do I need previous experience in wedding planning to enroll in Ashworth College's Wedding Planner Certificate course?
No, you don't need previous experience to enroll in the Wedding Planner course. This online course is designed to teach you the skills needed to become a wedding planner, including establishing and building relationships with clients and vendors, and coordinating all of the important details leading up to the wedding day.
Is this wedding planning course all online or do I get books?
There's no textbook associated with these online classes. All of the material you need is provided in customized learning guides, which are available online and as printed booklets.
Wedding Planner courses at Ashworth College are the perfect way to begin a career helping couples create their perfect day. Call 1-800-957-5412 or enroll online today.