COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Announcements and CARES Act Resources See Updates
Search Ashworth College
Lots of people have no good, terrible days at work. But, if those days turn into weeks or months you might start wondering, “Is it time to change careers?” Changing careers is stressful, but most people find the stress worth it once they come out on the other side. Ditch the excuses—don’t let experience level, industry, fear of returning for an online college degree, or anything else hold you back. If you see one or more of the signs below at your job, it’s time to give an occupational overhaul some thought.
7 signs it's time to change careers
1/2 of all people are unhappy with their job
#1 Every morning you think, “I can’t even.”
#2 You’ve lost that loving feeling
#3 Your friends call you Darth Hater
#4 Ever your cat is tired of hearing you complain
#5 You’d rather post a pre-teen picture than tell people what you do
#6 You have an alter ego at work
#7 You work with Trolls
Are the signs telling you it’s time for a career change?
Talk to an admissions adviser at Ashworth College today.
1. McGregor, J. (2017, September 1). Job satisfaction is up, but still well below one-time highs. The Washington Post. Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/on-leadership/wp/2017/09/01/job-satisfaction-is-up-but-still-well-below-one-time-highs/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6bb231b33517.
2. Stress in America: Coping with Change (10th ed., Rep.). (2017). American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/stress/2016/coping-with-change.pdf.
3. Reynolds, B. W. (2015, March 20). Are You Like Most Career Changers? Survey Results. Retrieved April 12, 2018, from FlexJobs https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/like-career-changers-survey-results/.
4. Reynolds, B. W. (2015, March 20). Are You Like Most Career Changers? Survey Results. Retrieved April 12, 2018, from FlexJobs https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/post/like-career-changers-survey-results/.
5. Mind the Workplace - MHA Workplace Health Survey 2017 (Rep.). (2017). Retrieved April 12, 2018, from Mental Health America website: http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/sites/default/files/Mind the Workplace - MHA Workplace Health Survey 2017 FINAL.PDF.