Term Enrollment Learning
Term enrollment has a specified registration period and set start and end dates. Courses begin on the first Monday of each month for 12 start dates in a year. The duration of each course is 8 weeks, and students must complete all lesson assignments and exams within this period. Participation in weekly, Instructor-led threaded discussions is mandatory for all students enrolled under this model.
Our nationally accredited online programs cost less than $80 per credit hour. That means your military education benefits will go even farther when you enroll in one of over 100 affordable career and degree programs.
Registration and Enrollment
- Registration extends from the 1st-14th of the month before course start date.
- Classes begin the first Monday of each month with 12 starts per year.
- Each enrollment has a fixed start and end date.
- End date is at the completion of 8 weeks from the start date.
|Session||Registration||Drop/Add Period||Start Date||End Date|
Course Components and Requirements
- Each course is 8 weeks and is made up of 8 weekly lessons/modules
- Lessons include lecture notes, review questions, multiple-choice exam
- Multiple-choice exams and threaded discussions participation is required each week
Attendance & Participation Policies
- Student attendance and participation in courses is determined by timely completion of tasks within each lesson – these include completion of multiple-choice exams and participation in weekly threaded discussions as outlined in the threaded discussion.
- When students fail to complete course/lesson tasks in a timely manner, they will be contacted by the Course Instructor to determine the cause for non-participation in the course. In extenuating circumstances, students will be given a grace period of 3 days past the lesson due date to complete the tasks for that particular lesson.
- Failure to complete lesson tasks (multiple-choice exams and threaded discussion posts) in a timely manner will result in a lower or failing grade in the course.
- Students are expected to finish all course work within the 8 week time frame specified for each course. In extenuating circumstances, students may submit a written course extension request to the office of the Registrar. Extension requests must be submitted after week 6 and before the end-date for a course. A 4-week course extension may be granted at the discretion of the Dean and students must complete all remaining coursework by the revised course end-date.
- Students who do not complete all course work by the course end-date (or the revised end-date in cases where an extension has been granted) will be given a course grade based on actual course work submitted against the total course requirements.
Course Add/Drop Policy
Students may drop a course and enroll in an alternative course by submitting an Add/Drop request to the office of the Registrar at any time during the open registration period for the course being dropped. Approvals of all add/drop requests are at the discretion of the Registrar. The Drop/Withdrawal date will be the date the form was received by the Registrar's office.
A new Enrollment Agreement will be processed for the added course and the student will be responsible for providing Ashworth College with new tuition assistance documents.
Tuition refunds for dropped/withdrawn courses are calculated as follows:
- Before Course Start Date: Tuition refunded at 100%
- During Week 1: Tuition refunded at 80%
- During Week 2: Tuition refunded at 60%
- During Week 3: Tuition refunded at 40%
- During Week 4: Tuition refunded at 20%
- After Week 4: Tuition refunded at 0%
Get a Military-friendly Education on Your Terms
Have questions about online college military academics or one of our programs? Speak with a Military Advisor at 1-877-758-7630 today!
Ashworth College was named by G.I. Jobs magazine as a Military Friendly School for 2013.